A new AR-180S Upper
I just wanted to make a quick post to show you some pics of my progress today.
This is the barrel I found at my local gun store after I stripped the front sight base and extension. It is unmarked but I think it might be an Olympic due to the.750″ cast front sight base. I cut it off right behind the gas port.
After a bit of lathe work.
Here it is between my first shorty and a full size 180B.
Shown here with the original AR-18S lower hand guard.
An finally, a shot from the front showing the barrel profile. I tried to imagine what it would look like if Armalite had released a 180B pistol or SBR version and emulate that.
Still to be done. New OP rod. Drill gas port then parkerize the barrel and flash hider. I also need to make another flash hider and end cap. Maybe I will work on doing these in CAD so they can be reproduced more easily.